You will need:
- 1 Dutch Country Soft Pretzel Bake-At-Home Kit
- 1 lb.Ham and cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Baking soda
- Baking sheet
- 3 Tablespoons Butter *Optional
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Make dough per the instructions on the Bake At Home Kit.
3. Divide the dough evenly into balls.
4. With a rolling pin roll out each ball into a round circle.
5. Place slices of ham and cheese on each round and fold dough in half and seal the edges. Dock the top of the pocket with a fork to allow the steam to escape while baking.
6. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Dissolve baking soda in 2 cups of very hot tap water, and stir until dissolved.
8. Dip each pretzel pocket in the baking soda solution, then place on a kitchen towel to drain off excess solution. Sprinkle with pretzel salt.
9. Place filled pockets on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
10. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes, or until pockets are golden brown.
11. Melt butter and brush on top of the pretzel pockets (*Optional). Serve warm.
For a variety, instead of ham and cheese use the filing of your choice. Some examples would be: Cheese steak, Pizza, Roast beef w/ swiss cheese, and Turkey and cheese, etc.