See how Dutch Country Pretzel Mixes can be used to make tasty Pretzel Dogs!
You will need:
- 1 Dutch Country Soft Pretzel Bake-At-Home Kit
- 10-12 Hot Dogs
- Flour (for dusting)
- Nonstick spray
- 4 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Make the dough per instructions on the bag.
3. Cut a 6” x 1”x 1" strip of dough.
4. Stretch the dough strip. Starting in the middle, roll the dough strip outward till you have a rope about 22”x ½ long.
5. Starting at one end of the hot dog, wrap the dough strip around the hot dog leaving about ½ inch of hot dog exposed at each end. Secure the edge of the rope by pinching it to the dough strip after you have wrapped it once around.
6. Dissolve 3 tablespoons baking soda in 2 cups of hot tap water.
7. Spray baking tray with nonstick spray.
8. Dip each Pretzel Dog into the baking soda solution.
9. Place the Pretzel Dogs on kitchen towel to drain off excess solution, and then place on the baking tray, making sure the pretzel dogs are not touching.
10. Bake at 400. Baking times may vary. NOTE: Internal (core) temperature of the fully baked Pretzel Dog should reach 165º F.
11. Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter (optional). After baking the Pretzel Dogs brush butter onto the top of each Pretzel Dog (optional).
Yield 10-12 pretzel Dogs